Jeff has over thirty-five years’ experience as a business lawyer and commercial litigator. Prior to founding the Hornstein Law Office in 2009, he enjoyed a successful career at two prominent Chicago law firms and as an in-house corporate law and litigation attorney.
A few career highlights:
Sample Corporate Law Results:
• Represented the seller of an electrical contracting firm with a sales price of $1.6 million
• Represented successful investors in management buyout of $500,000 for a high-end restaurant.
• Represented departing partner of commercial insurance agency in company buyout negotiated at $1.8 million.
• Prepared Buy-Sell Agreement for owners of consumer service company worth $400,000.
• Negotiated commercial lease of large commercial lot on behalf of tenant.
• Prepared independent contractor agreement between computer company and its independent contractors.
Sample Commercial Litigation Results:
• Obtained $6,200,000 judgment for breach of contract against financial institution.
• Obtained $1,600,000 judgment for steel fabricator that thought its claim was only $800,000.
• Took over defense of breach of employment contract case six weeks before jury trial and lead trial team to successful verdict of no liability.
• Negotiated settlement of more than $100,000 for copyright infringement on behalf of author.
• Obtained judgment against trustee who stole over $100,000 from trust account.
Jeff received his J.D. at Northwestern University School of Law. He was a recipient of the John Henry Wigmore (full tuition) Scholarship, graduated in the top 10% of his class and was on the Dean’s List.
Jeff is also a certified mediator certified accredited by the DePaul University School of Law.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Minnesota, where he majored in International Relations and Psychology.
Jeff also earned a Master of Arts in Teaching High School Mathematics at National Louis University.