Our firm represents businesses and individuals in all aspects of business transactions and commercial litigation including, but not limited to:
We help you set up your business and spell out any agreements with your business partners and your employees. We do this by providing advice regarding and drafting:
- Incorporations including LLCs: we help you choose the type of business entity that works best for your particular business.
- Partnership and shareholder agreements: we draft agreements that define who runs the business and what the owners’ rights, responsibilities and remedies are.
- Buy-sell agreements: we draft agreements that define what happens if a partner leaves the business, becomes divorced or disabled, or dies.
- Key employee contracts, including non-compete provisions and protection of trade secrets: we draft agreements that will enable you to protect your business.
No matter which side of a transaction you are on, we negotiate the best possible terms for you.
- Terms and conditions of sale: we can minimize your risk or maximize your recovery from non-performance, loss during shipment, breach of warranty, etc.
- Construction contracts: we negotiate the best possible terms regarding payment, change orders, claim notices, etc.
- Commercial leases
When business disputes arise with customers, suppliers, partners or employees, sometimes you can resolve it yourself; sometimes you need a lawyer’s help. Our firm handles all phases of dispute resolution and litigation from sending the first demand letter through trial and appeals, if necessary. We also handle direct settlement negotiations and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) such as mediation and arbitration.
We handle the following types of disputes, among others:
- Contract disputes
- Manufacturer’s warranties
- Commercial collections
- Shareholder litigation
- Vendor/customer disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Trust (breach of fiduciary duty) litigation